- Public Works Department
- Curbside Brush Pickup
Curbside Brush Pickup
Review the Curbside Yard Materials Pickup Guidelines and Rules (PDF)
Only one fall curbside brush/garden waste pickup and one spring curbside brush/garden waste pickup will take place. Changes will be posted on the Public Works Facebook page and on the Municipal Building Post Road information sign.
|Month||Day & Time||Date|
|April||Monday at 7 am||April 17, 2023|
|October||Monday at 7 am||October 9, 2023|
Includes tree limbs, twigs, small trees, etc., not to exceed 4 inches in diameter. Stumps, tree trunks, logs of any size, sod, dirt, timbers, rocks, concrete, boards or foreign material will not be accepted.
One pile no larger than 10 feet long, 6 feet wide, 4 feet high per parcel. There are no exceptions. The purpose of the brush pick up is not for lot clearing, excessive tree cutting, or yard enhancement. Brush must be consolidated into one pile per parcel. Multiple small piles will not be picked up.
Curbside Christmas Tree Pickup
The curbside pickup of Christmas trees, brush/garden waste, and yard material is intended for occupied improved properties only. Curbside Christmas tree pickup will coincide with the Spring Curbside Brush/Garden Waste pickup.
- Front Lot: Address side pickup only, including cul-de-sacs, no exceptions
- Lots with Streets on Back of Property: Piles must be placed at front lot address side only, do not place piles on the rear side of the property
- Corner Lots: One side of the lot only
Crews will begin picking up brush/garden waste on the dates listed below and make one pass through the Village. Crews will not go back and pick up any brush/garden waste placed curbside after 7 am Monday of the dates listed below. Persons who have placed brush/garden waste in the street right-of-way or on public land outside of the scheduled pick up dates are subject to a citation per Village Ordinances.
Things to Do
- Place garden waste in a separate pile on the outer edge of the blacktop roadway surface.
- Place the branch/brush pile on the outer edge of the blacktop roadway surface.
- Place cut ends of small trees, (not to exceed 4 inches in diameter), toward the direction of traffic for your side of the street.
- Place pile at least 6 feet away from signs, mailboxes, utility poles, hydrants, guide wires, sprinkler heads, water shut-off valves/manholes, decorative rock or other objects that may sustain damage.
Things to Not Do
- Place pile within 6 feet of objects, signs, mailboxes, utility poles, hydrants, guide wires, sprinkler heads, water shut-off valves/manholes, decorative rock or other objects that may sustain damage.
- Mix in stones, rocks, metal, other inorganic matter, dirt, sand, sod, or other encumbrances
- Place pile on turfed areas or concrete/blacktop surfaces. If pile is placed in such areas, turf or concrete/asphalt could be damaged during pickup. The Village will not be liable for damage that occurs to landscaping or amenities within village right-of-way.
CTH B / Highway 54E / W Plover Road / Post Road (Bus. 51)
Branch/brush pile should be placed in the same location recyclables and refuse are placed for pickup.